I want to thank everyone for your kind comments on my conversation with Dianne last week. I also want to thank Dianne for all her work on this wonderful conversation. It was a true delight. Please visit Dianne's blog to read more comments and join in there talking about this wonderful conversation.
I really am painting and with our ice and snow here last week, I spent some of every day in the studio. Yippee! Of course there was the regular kinds of things which had to be taken care of as well, so it is not as though I spent all day every day painting. I should have some new work to share with you before too very long.
Today I thought you might like to see this book. Do any of you own it? I received it for a Christmas gift this year and really do like it a lot.This focuses a bit more on truly abstracting work and not as much on intuitive type work. I have found it really helpful in tuning up composition and looking at color in a different way. While I would love reading about intuitive painting all the time, these books are truly helpful in helping me understand how another type of artists meets their art. I never know what will come out when I am in flow. It may be a book you find valuable.
Sweet, Mary Ann, at Blue Sky Dreaming has bestowed this award on me. Wow! I am honored she feels I am a writer! Thank you Mary Ann. This is a real honor.
I am going to try to come up with 5 who have not received this award. Try is the operative word.
1. Soulbrush who writes about life in Snowy London and being a new Grandma
2. Marianne who writes Mandalas and More from any location in the world.
3. Juan Belisa who writes Poetic Painting from his favorite spot in Spain.
4. Cris who writes about her art and her life from Oregon.
5. Rachete who writes A Painters Diary from New York City.
So here are the rules:
1. Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most deserving Bloggy friends.
2.Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award
3. Each Superior Scribbler must link to Scholastic Scribe, which explains The Award.
4. Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, will be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives this Prestigious Honor. (and it is really interesting to go there to see the list! wow!)
5.Each Superior Scribbler must post these links on his/her blog.
I hope you enjoy getting to know any of these bloggers you do not already follow and reconnecting with the ones you do.
It seems as though I have spent a lot of time this weekend in front of this computer, so if I am not as fast getting to your blogs, I hope you will understand how tired I am of this machine...I truly have a love/hate relationship with it! :) How about you? Do you find you love to hate your computer from time to time? Do you feel as though if you don't take care of things when they pop up, you are only going to get more and more behind?
Everyone have a Fabulous Day and Great Start to the Week!
5 minutes ago