Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Where Oh Where Will It All Go?

It seems the last of the winter weather is clearing out for us. With temps in the low 50's F, I am feeling Spring 2007 is just around the corner. Today, I have been going over the plan sketches of our new house trying to decide how to set up my studio space. It seems there is a call for lots of space from the men in my life! I suppose they are wanting to spread their wings after living in our little European cottage. Well, that is fine. I can find space for my work.

Our air shipment arrived and I quickly pulled out the few things I had in there. How nice it was to see those boxes of pastels and make a mark on the page with them. They felt so nice in my hand. I also had some metal bits my friend, Silke, had given me tucked in the bag of supplies. A few of those escaped from their containers and made me wonder what it would be like to combine oil pastels and metal bits. I think that will be something to try out soon.

But I am still longing for my paints! I have a feeling, though, painting on the house walls will probably come before painting on Kim's canvases. Oh well, that wall painting is going to give me time to gather more inspiration. I have painted so many walls in my day, I should be able to crank those out quickly. I just have to get them all planned out, so I can get them taken care of.

Mostly, I think we are all just eager to get settled. We are going to have to wait, though. We still have 3 weeks before we close on this house. That is probably just enough time to get things ready so we can toss everything else up in the air, again!

No comments: