The cord has been found (thanks to my husband), so here is one of the things I have been working on the last few days. It is very different for me, but it has been fun to explore the various mediums I used with it. The canvas is 2.5" deep gallery wrapped 12" x 24". I painted the canvas with a smalt and titanium white acrylic and before it dried I applied moist, crumpled rice paper. I then dry brushed the paper with alizarin crimson then iridescent silver. When this was all dry - I gave it a good 24 hours - I pulled away the rice paper where it did not stick as well. This gave me some exposed holes of the underpainted surface and some cool rice paper to use somewhere else. So I decided I was going to outline those in carbon black. Once the black was dry, I decided to paint some blobs within these spaces...well, one thing led to another and the blobs began to look like blossoms so the rest is history. This is still a WIP to be sure.
One of the things I will try next time I do the rice paper application is to roll on the paint or medium before applying it - just a different way.
The other thing I have played with over the last few days is this:
I poured tar gel over a painted surface, dropped dots of paint onto the surface of the tar gel and swirled them with a wooden skewer. It took a long time to dry (maybe 5 days), but it is interesting. I used the tar gel as a suggestion, but I think I would like just plain gel medium better. I will keep playing with that. This is just on board...a small 5" x 7".
So there you have it. I am so glad to have the camera cord back...it feels like freedom!