I love watching the development of work from other artists. I find the process of art making fascinating to say the least. Andrea knows this and a little while back she sent me an envelope with some of her process bits and pieces. I thought you might like to see two of them today.She featured this little bear on her blog last year. Isn't he the cutest?
This is one of my favorite things, however there were quite a few in this particular packet. I love, love, love seeing the marks Andrea made as she was working...and making notes to herself, too. I hold things like this very dear.
While I am talking about parts which make the whole I thought I would share this brush stroke nature made for me one day. I pulled this apple out of the bag and lo and behold there was the nicest stroke of the brush just for me to enjoy. Well, I could not keep it for myself, so here, you enjoy it too.
Do you find great joy in art processes in general...yours, others or natures? Do you cherish small bits which are supportive of how art is made?
While I was off playing with my family, blog friends Suki and Dianne did a tag I thought was wonderful. Dianne encouraged me to take the tag and go with it, so I thought I would do that now. If this interests you, please feel free to take it and go along with it, too.
I am supposed to list five things I do daily to keep my spirit happy and healthy. So here we go:
1. I wake slowly allowing me the time to contemplate how my day may unfold, then do a bit of yoga (the sequence is never the same).
2. I will do a short meditation at the beginning of each day.
3. I make a connection with friends via email, blogs or phone.
4. I make a mark every day (this is a new thing which Andrea has encouraged me to do).
5. At the end of the day, I will journal and note 5 things I am grateful for that day. Reminding myself to always be grateful is critical for me.
So there you have it...I think there are probably many more things, however the tag was for five. I would have added art making, however I do not always get to that each day. What do you do each day to feed your spirit?
Have a Beautiful Weekend!
Sleep on it
1 day ago