Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Getting To The Work


Do you ever mean to get to things, but continue to do other things trying to make room to do them? It seems as though this is happening to me a lot these days. I don't like it, but that is what is happening.

I think sometimes I try to create the right conditions or make the room in my head to get to the things I want. For example, there are a few friends I need to email or phone, but I want to be able to make plenty of time to connect with them. While they would probably like to hear from me briefly, I find I want to have lots of time to talk with them. Because of this, I do not connect with them at all! Or I would love to be able to have a day to spend creating, but because I do not have a full day (or days) to give to this, I do not do that, either.

I think I really get into the flow of some things and just do not want to break that experience. Most people, trying to be helpful, would say I should schedule the time to have for myself. For most people, this would be a good suggestion. But for me, scheduling creative time means closing me down.

Ah, but is this just my way of procrastinating? I do not think so, but maybe I am convincing myself. Is it really fair of me to expect myself to be able to have the time I need (and I really do need it), when we are in such a period of transition? I do not even have a studio or a corner with materials, at present. But I honestly think it might be an excuse about making connections with my friends.

The good news about the blog is it makes me face and evaluate those issues. I learn more about myself by reading and writing rather than talking. What helps you? Are you finding ways and time to be creative? Do you ever find yourself putting off what you really want or need to do?

I continue to make changes and continue to learn...

Have a very creative day.



I

No comments: