Friday, March 30, 2007

Listening to Myself

It seems as though I am always needing to learn lessons. With this move (about a 6 month process) I have had to learn how important it is for me to maintain my health and keep in front of me what that means and how I need to do that. I need to be able to successfully handle the issues which arise and keep myself healthy no matter what pressures are placed on my shoulders.

Yes, I have gotten ill after a week of trying to help my family settled into our new home and move forward with their lives, as well. In doing that, I totally forgot to take care of myself. As with my old habit, I put myself at the end of the 'to-do-list'. Everyone seems to need things from me, moving back near family also requires me to focus more on other people than I have had to do, having young adult children who are venturing out in the world and a husband who travels requires me to be the terra-firma for many. I am sure the issues of me needing to meet the needs of others as well as being very sensitive has made my body scream...."for god's sake, you are going to have to stop". And since I didn't listen, my body made sure it happened by saying "take this". That put me back and I have been ill all this week.

I am still looking forward to getting my studio set up, but it will happen as soon as I can do it with focus. I know now I need to take care of my whole self and that means evaluating and refocusing. Then, I can move forward with my art and creative endeavours. I am so excited and eager to get back to that part of my life.

It is time I need to allow myself...and patience!

No comments: