Friday, November 2, 2007

Back to Blogging


Of course it has been forever since I have blogged. It is sad, really. Like most artists, I prefer to be in the studio. The thing is I want to blog. I like to write. So I am back. Hopefully, I can keep this up better.


Recently I have been considering the placement of some of my current series in a gallery. So I thought I would post an image here to let you see some of what I am doing.



This particular painting is from my Horizon Series - Horizon 3. It is a 30" x 40" deep, gallery wrapped canvas done in acrylics and oil sticks.

It is for sale. If you are interested in this work, email me. If you have any comments, please leave them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kim,
I've finally joined Google and found out how to comment here. I'm a bit slow....:o).
I love the way the light creeps in on this one - I feel that it's a sunset from the colours.
I also wonder if the size of the image doesnt do the detail of the colours justice?
Fantastic!
Love,
Les.

Andrea and Kim said...

Hi Les,

I feel so honored you have stopped to see what I am doing.

It is great you have been able to join google and post here. It is kind of crazy, isn't it?

You know with this one, I think the light is really helped along with the oil paint sticks I have used over the acrylic paints. They are more difficult to work with and take longer to dry, but you can kind of do a push-pull kind of thing with them using your fingers. That kind of motion with those tools :) gives a texture that kind of runs with the light.

There is a little muddling that happens with the image size, you are right. In real life, it has a stronger presence. At least I think so.

This one I did while we were still at the cottage in England.

Love,