Monday, November 19, 2007


Cracked Earth
24" x 36"
Acrylic on Canvas
Available
This is a painting I did after terrible earthquake in the middle east. I was so astonished to see the people living in beautiful parks under lovely, brightly colored cloths since the earth had broken open not allowing them to be able to live in their homes.
This painting represents the beauty on the surface of the earth while below the surface there was sliding places and large cracks which was creating unstablitly for those living on the surface. Since I have never experienced an earthquake (although I have experienced several other natural disasters), I do not feel as though I can say I understand what people in this region were feeling. This painting, though, represents the image that disaster pushed into my subconsicous. I am grateful these people are now back in their homes.
In the United States this week, we will be celebrating Thanksgiving. Our celebration of the harvest season always gives me an extra time to pause and reflect on all of the areas of my life where I feel so much gratitude. This year, I am additionally grateful for all of you making the effort to stop by here to see what I am up to.
So with a bit of a pause in my blogging this week, I wish you all a Very Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving.

No comments: